In Critical Strike Portable players can find friends in a clan they both share or by manually adding someone as a friend.
In Critical Ops, players can find friends by going on Social and then Friends in the main menu. There they can type another player's name and send a friend request.
Critical Strike Portable
To friend players, a user must complete one of these tasks:
- Going into a user's profile and adding him/her as a friend.
- Joining a clan and meeting other members.
Friends are marked with a blue insignia depicting their rank above their head and a blue dot on the radar, if he or she is on the same force as the player. Anyone can mark anyone as a friend, even without the need for the other player to friend him or her back. On the main menu in the web version, a player can check if a friend is online on their profile.
This does not affect actual gameplay, but just allows an easier way for players to locate each other.
To find friends, a user must complete this task:
- Go onto the main menu and click "Social" and then Friends. Type in another player's username and send the request. Note that usernames are case-sensitive.
The advantage of the Friends system is that player can join their friends currently playing in a server, without the hassle of searching room names and typing room codes. However, a player cannot join their friend if:
- The server is full.
- The friend is currently inactive.
- Game versions don't match.